Tuesday, October 19, 2021 - Katrina Kibben will be presenting on the THIRD Tuesday (10/19) instead of the SECOND Tuesday (10/12).
Attracting A-Players With Your Story
Workplace Application: Learn how to identify your unique brand story and use it to attract and hire qualified people.
Session Overview: Every company has a unique story and compelling reasons for why you should work there. It's a feeling you get when you walk into work. Trust among peers. It's your best recruitment strategy.
Often, we look to best-in-class case studies to see how others are translating their stories. But here's a harsh reality. Best-in-class does not mean best for you. The right candidate won't react to just any interaction - they want to connect with who you are. There's a new standard of excellence among these high-demand people. You'll learn the rules for standing out in a world of look-a-likes and brands that only claim to be different.
- Be Human Yourself – Remember what it feels like to love work and learn how to translate your culture and passion into compelling content that attracts a diverse candidate pool.
- Getting Unstuck – How to turn content into solutions for business KPI’s.
- Create Curiosity – Translate your story into candidate demand throughout every candidate touchpoint from emails to the career website and job posts.
- Invest in Storytelling – Develop relationships with employees at all levels of the organization through storytelling. Learn what questions to ask and why.
- Define the Difference – Learn how to dial into your unique advantages and improve your candidate communications.
Keynote speaker, non-binary LGBTQ+ advocate, and writing expert Katrina Kibben [they/them] teaches hiring teams how to write inclusive, unbiased job postings that still attract exceptional talent.
With 15 years of corporate copywriting and training experience, Katrina knows how to turn talented recruiting teams into talented writers. It takes 2 key ingredients: inspiration and practical advice – of which Katrina has plenty.
Katrina is a featured HR and recruiting expert in publications like the New York Times, Chicago Tribune, and Forbes. They’ve been named a top HR and Recruiting Expert on numerous “Best of” lists. They’ve worked with companies ranging from NPR to Rust-Oleum, and everything in between including some of the best pizza makers and cancer researchers on the planet.
Before founding Three Ears Media, Katrina was a CMO, Technical Copywriter, and Managing Editor for leading HR media and technology companies like Monster, care.com, and Randstad Worldwide.
When not speaking, writing, or training, you'll find Katrina hiking or playing with the adorable dogs that inspired the name Three Ears Media.TR