Legislative Update: Casey Leech, Jackson Lewis P.C.
In Person includes meal (no additional cost) - please be sure to note in-person attendance so we can order food.
Please note: Meeting is Wednesday instead of Tuesday this month due to election day!
Employment law trends and best practices in 2022, including on the following topics:
- Employment and COVID-19
- Disability Accommodations and Leaves of Absence
- Equal Pay and Pay Transparency
J. Casey Leech is an associate in the Chicago, Illinois, office of Jackson Lewis P.C. His practice focuses on representing employers in workplace law matters, including preventive advice and counseling.
Casey regularly represents clients in single-plaintiff and class and collective action lawsuits, including in cases alleging discrimination, harassment, whistleblower retaliation, retaliatory discharge, medical leave violations, and wage and hour violations. He frequently handles cases arising under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act, the Fair Labor Standards Act, the Occupational Safety and Health Act, the Family and Medical Leave Act, and various state laws, including the Illinois Human Rights Act, Illinois Wage Payment and Collection Act, and Illinois Workplace Violence Prevention Act. He has appeared in numerous matters in state and federal courts, as well as before governmental agencies like the US. Department of Labor, Illinois Department of Labor, the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, and Illinois Department of Human Rights.
Casey believes that costly litigation and conflicts with employees can often be avoided. Consistent with this mindset, he conducts employee trainings and provides preventative advice and counsel to clients about a wide variety of matters. He also leads and assists with internal investigations, including in relation to workplace safety, potential code of conduct violations, and allegations of unlawful conduct. Possessing a law degree and M.B.A., Casey endeavors to provide practical advice to clients that considers both legal compliance and bottom-lines.
While attending law and business school, Casey was a two-time recipient of the CALI Excellence for the Future Awards for courses in labor law and law and economics. He also worked as a research assistant in the field of labor and employment law.
Professional Associations and Activities
- “Legislative Update 2020,” Central Illinois HR Group (Champaign, IL, November 2019) (Presenter)
- “Not Your Father’s Marijuana: Recreational Cannabis and Changes to the Law on Medicinal Marijuana,” Jackson Lewis’ Chicago Labor & Employment Law Symposium (Chicago, IL, October 2019) (Presenter)
- “Medical Marijuana in the Workplace,” Illinois Valley SHRM (Oglesby, IL, May 2019) (Presenter)
- “Human Resources and Employment Matters,” Goldman Sachs 10,000 Small Businesses Legal Clinic (Chicago, Illinois, June 2019; October 2019; March 2020) (Presenter)